So we’ve recharged via a nice dinner!
I promised I would put up a receipe so here it is, handed down from generation to generation:
– Beef stock cube- Flour
– 1 Can of guinness
– Good cut of beef, the better the beef the better the stew
First make the stewing base:
-Dissolve the stock cube in 500ml of water
– add flour to thicken (if you go too far just add a little more water
– as it begins to simmer, add 250ml of guinness
– Peel and bring the potatoes to the boil, cooking time will depend on the size of the potatoes.
– Put a large pan to heat over a medium heat.
– Brown the beef in a little Guinness, chop the vegetables into small pieces.
– Add the vegetables to soften for a couple of minutes towards the end.
– Then add the vegetables and the beef to the stew and leave to simmer.
Then eat and enjoy!